Founded in 1999, Batanga, Inc. is the leading Hispanic-focused online media company. Throughout the past ten years, Batanga, Inc.has continuously been at the forefront of innovation, providing its advertisiers with such firsts as radio and video streaming, social media tools, and the largest Hispanic pure play online ad network.
The Batanga Network demonstrates unparalleled and substantial reach with over seventy-percent of the U.S. Hispanic online audience as per comScore. With a sizable audience, Batanga Network’s targeting capabilities make delivering every segment in the market, across all categories and contents, viable.
Batanga.com, one of its premier online destinations, has consistently been one of the top online destinations for U.S. Hispanics over the past ten years. Batanga.com is best known for it’s free Internet Radio, featuring over 50 Latin music radio stations. In addition, Batanga.com offers music videos, exclusive artist interviews, over 50,000 user generated stations, a thriving social networking Batanga community, and ever-expanding Latin-centric entertainment content.
Batanga, Inc. maintains offices in Miami and New York.
- May 1999 – Planeta Networks founded by Rafael Urbina, Carlos Luchsinger,
Hector Santaella, and Rodolfo Tancredi in Miami, FL
- August 1999 – Batanga founded in Greensboro, NC, by Troy McConnell, Luis Brandwayn, and Jochen Fischer
- November 1999 – First song and video streamed on Batanga.com
- June 2000 – 1 millionth song streamed on Batanga.com
- December 2000 – 10 millionth song streamed on Batanga.com
- May 2001 – LatCom Communications co-founded by David Chitel and John Leguizamo in NYC
- September 2001 – LatCom Communications launches first ever national Latino college tour & step tournament
- November 2001 – 100 millionth song and video streamed on Batanga.com
- March 2002 – First issue of Batanga Latin Music magazine published,
produced by LatCom Communications
- December 2004 – 1 billionth song streamed on Batanga.com
- January 2005 – HispanoClick founded by Marc Duquette and Ana Maria De La Cruz in Montreal, Canada
- December 2005 – Batanga merges with Planeta Networks
- November 2006 – Batanga acquires LatCom Communications
- December 2006 – MyBatanga social network launched
- August 2007 – Batanga, Inc. raises $30 million in equity funding
from Tudor Ventures
- November 2007 – Batanga.com reaches over 3.4MM U.S. unique visitors, according to comScore Media Metrix
- December 2007 – Batanga.com reaches over 3.8MM U.S. unique visitors, according to comScore Media Metrix
- January 2008 – Batanga, Inc. acquires HispanoClick
- March 2008 – Batanga and HispanoClick combined reach 10.8 million unduplicated unique visitors, according to comScore Media Metrix
- December 2008 – Batanga announces partnership with iTunes
- December 2008 – Batanga and HispanoClick combined reach 15 million unduplicated unique visitors, according to comScore Media Metrix
- March 2009 – Batanga Community re-launches
- May 2010 – Batanga launches the Batanga Radio iPhone App